Saturday, March 10, 2018

NEARLY DESIGN WEEK, so appropriate that I was photographed by Duo Xu

Julie Clarke in Members Lounge, NGV. Photo: Duo Xu (copyright Julie Clarke 2018)
I'd been to South Melbourne beach on Wednesday (and what a glorious day it was) and needed a cup of tea after walking to the pier and taking photographs of the old structure alongside the not so old pier. So, I dropped into the Members Lounge at NGV International and was admiring John Nixon's black cross on yellow ground and Josef Albers Homage to the Square when I met and was photographed by Melbourne designer Duo Xu, fitting I think since it is almost Design Week. Have to admire the curatorial team for bringing together all that yellow, black, white and grey with matching yellow chairs. Anyway, had an interesting discussion with Duo (pronounced Dwa) and was pleased that she was interested in my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment